2. Download the Zotero Standalone version AND the Chrome browser extension.
3. Sign up for a Zotero account
Transferring work from RefWorks to Zotero
NOTE: You cannot transfer attachments or separate folders together. You will need to import each folder separately and create a new folder in Zotero.
1. Ensure that all sources in your list are included by selecting "All in list."
2. Hover over the References tab in the top left corner.
3. Click "Export."
4. Ensure that "All in List" is selected.
5. Choose an Export Format. "Bibliographic Software" works for moving to Zotero.
6. Click "Export." This will open a new browser window with your references formatted for input in another tool; It may look strange. To save this file, click on the "File" menu in the top left corner of the screen and then click "Save As."
7. Save this as a text (.txt) file somewhere you can easily find it.
8. Open Zotero Standalone.
9. Click on the "File" menu and then click "Import."
10. Select the .txt file that you saved.
11. Click "Open."
12. Your sources will appear in the "My Library" section of the Zotero Standalone.