Accessing Online Resources from Off Campus
UWinID and password
this is the userid and password you would use to access your Webmail or
Your LibraryID and password
This ID is created when you first interact with our Circulation desk - if you do not know what your ID or password is please contact the Circulation Desk
Creating Durable Links that Work from Off Campus
Leddy Library's OpenURL Resolver
Reload your webpage with a proxied link using a bookmarklet
If the site you are visiting is one that the library has a subscription for, and you're presently off-campus and denied access, you can reload the page with the necessary proxy by using a bookmarklet.
Drag this link to your browser's toolbar: Reload and UWin
For those links that don't work, you can check to see if the Leddy Library has a subscription to what you would like either by checking our list of journals or by checking the Leddy Library holdings through Google Scholar.
Reload your webpage with a proxied link when using an iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad
For the iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad, this bookmarket can be installed with a few additional steps:
- copy the entire line of text below:
- While in Safari, tap the action arrow () button at the bottom center of the screen (iPhone, iPod Touch) or to the left of the location bar (iPad) and then tap Add Bookmark. Then tap Done.
- To edit the bookmark, tap the bookmarks button (the open book icon) at the bottom of the screen (iPhone) or top of the screen (iPad). Then, tap Edit. Find the bookmark you just saved : it will be named "Links That Work From Off-Campus..." and tap it. You now need to change the URL to the text you copied in Step 1. Tap the URL field (it begins with "http://"), then delete everything in it and paste the text you copied and then, click Done.
- Now, when you are using your iPhone or iPad and follow a link into a web site that the library subscribes to, just open and tap the "Links That Work From Off-Campus" bookmark and the page will reload after you athenticate with your username and password.
- For those links that don't work, you can check to see if the Leddy Library has a subscription to what you would like either by checking our list of journals or by checking the Leddy Library holdings through Google Scholar.